Survey Update

As I have collected more responses on my survey I have found that less college students litter than I thought. I definitely think I need more responses to gather better results. My theory suggests that it would be easier to put an end to active littering (ex: dropping trash) rather than try to end passive littering (ex: accidentally leaving trash behind). So far my survey supports this theory. One of my questions asked if people would still litter if there were more trash cans or other waste disposal sites available, and the majority of participants said they would not. Another question on my survey validated my thought that people litter because it is convenient/easy. These responses support my theory, but I still believe I need to survey more people.

Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NXFB8TJ

Comments

  1. If more people leave behind trash because it's convenient, then adding trash cans would definitely reduce the amount of littering. Also, passive littering is accidental and unintentional, so there aren't many solutions possible for that, except to spread awareness and maybe have more signs or trash cans available so that it's hard to forget to throw away any trash. However, more responses would definitely help, because there isn't a lot of trash around campus, but there is a noticeable amount. Perhaps a last minute question or text box that can be added would be where people most commonly litter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts